Gluten Free Gingerbread Men Recipe
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 10 GINGERBREAD MEN)
280 g (2 ¾ cups) ground almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
4 (60 g) fresh soft pitted dates
50 ml extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
40 g (2 tablesps) raw honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
1 egg white
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, dates and spices in a food processor.
- Process until combined and mix is crumbly.
- Add olive oil, honey (+molasses if using), vanilla + egg white.
- Process again until a soft dough forms.
- Remove the dough and flatten down slightly between 2 pieces of grease-proof paper (baking paper) – about 3 mm thick.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the dough to firm up. If in a hurry, place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Cut out into shapes with a gingerbread cutter and place cookies onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 150 C for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Decorate as you like…