BANANA AND RAISIN BREAD
This naturally sweet bread has much to celebrate. It is simple to bake and is a great way to use up very ripe bananas. It provides an excellent source of protein thanks to the eggs and the optional protein powder means this is a great food for a post work out snack. The bananas provide a rich source of energising B vitamins and have a high potassium content which, helps to keep the body hydrated and supports the health of the heart, kidneys, brain and the muscles. The coconut flour makes this bread a healthy gluten free option
30g vanilla protein powder (0ptional)
2 ripe bananas
50g coconut flour (increase to 80 g if not using the protein powder)
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp cinnamon powder
1tsp baking powder
- Grease and line a 2lb baking tin
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to form a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and smooth the top. If you wish scatter over a few chopped nuts over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack.
- Cool completely then slice and serve.
If you need to avoid eggs in this recipe try soaking 1tbsp chia seed or flaxseed in 2tbsp water for 10 minutes before adding to the processor. Pysllium husks can also be used in the same way.